With the recent Lockdown due to COVID-19, we are receiving a lot of calls from clients needing to re-jig their business model for a work-from-home (WFH) environment. Here are some tips to help you make a smooth transition:
- Use remote desktop/screen sharing applications such as TeamViewer, SolarWinds TakeControl, ConnectWise Control, AnyDesk, etc.
- Ensure all office computers and servers remain ON and that sleep/hibernation mode is disabled so employees are able to login remotely with the above applications
- Look into Uninterruptible Power Supplies (UPS) for each workstation and server, so in the event of a power outage, they remain powered on
- Move your email to a Hosted Exchange provider such as Sherweb, so that users can access email through a browser or on their mobile devices
- Use cloud-based file-sharing services such as Google Drive, One Drive, DropBox, etc. if remote access to the office workstations is not feasible or desirable
- Use video conferencing applications such as Zoom, Google Hangouts, WebEx, etc. to facilitate meetings between employees or with clients/vendors
- Forward your work phone number and any extensions to your mobile phone
Alltech Solutions Inc. can advise and implement any of the solutions mentioned above. Just drop us a note or give us a call so we can chat.
Stay Safe & Healthy!